Very proud to present my first true endeavour into the streetstylin' arena, a feature on the stylish gents that frequented the incredibly hot (and I'm not only talking temperatures) fashion tradeshow that is Pitti Uomo in Florence, Italy. It was around 35 degrees on day 1 and naturally, I was tressed up all streetstylin' with heels, was left dreaming of havianas and sundresses but I persevered. Looking at the mens in these pics, full suits, leather shoes - I felt validated in my quest for style. It's fun game - and during the week I've learnt a whole load on current menswear trends and will be sure to give the hubby a load of style tips once I land back on Aussie soil.... and here they are.
1. Socks, they are no longer an essential fashion piece when wearing leather footwear. In fact - avoid them! Its totally chic to bare that ankle skin.
2. Trousers? Cuff em'. Along with your denim. Ditch the bootleg, its totally offensive these days. Its skinny or straight or baggy - but tight on the ankle.
3. Denim shirts suit anyone. Paired with a bit of colour, preferably khaki. Looks sexy with a military influence.
4. A baggy printed trouser is now also cool. I saw this on plenty of occasions... best with soft tailoring, worn casually.
5. Colour. The dudes are rocking pastel shades. Paired with a bit of denim or something neutral its nothing but masculine.
6. Navy is eternally chic.
7. Army print is back on the radar - seen here in loafers and shorts. I love it!
8. Like tattoos? Get one. All the coolest kids are doing it.
9. Beards. Ladies get used to some extra facial hair.
10. The man bag - I've never seen a dude with a bag look like such a bad ass but its totally working! There are some gorgeous bags out there for guys these days, backpacks in particular are trending major. Get on it.
Too be honest I feel like a bit of a doofus when it comes to talking mens fashion but I can't express how much I've loved being part of Pitti Uomo, thanks so much to G-Star Raw for having me be a part of this incredible event. Looking forward to sharing part two with all of you.